CME Programme on Sexual Medicine in Mangalore, organised under the guidance of Dr. B. Srinivas Kakkilaya and Dr. Ramesh Babu in 1994.
For the first time in Karnataka world heart day was observed on 20/09/2000 by launching Kannada Tele serial “Arogya Bhagya“. Dr. Kasturi Mohan Pai / API President in 2000 was the first doctor in the Arogya Bhagya Telecast. The other doctors who appeared in this telecast were Dr. I. G. Bhat, Dr. A. Prabhakar Rao, Dr. B. H. K. Rao and Dr. Prabha Adhikari.
19th Joint Karnataka STATE Association of physicians of INDIA (KAPICSICON) and South Zone APICON 2001 (18th – 20th May 2001) was organized under the chairmanship of Dr. B. H. Krishna Murthy Rao & Dr. Prabha Adhikari Organizing Secretary & Dr. M. V. Prabhu President, API DK Chapter. The souvenir of the conference was edited by Dr. Raghavendra Bhat.
API Members Directory Book was published under the guidance of Dr. B. Devdas Rai, API DK President - 2002. It included information of all the individual members of API DK.
CME on ABG was arranged for Post – Graduates in the Department of Medicine in Mangalore, under the guidance of Dr. K. S. Bhat and Dr. Venkatesh B. M.
Post Graduate Medicine Update 2010
Under the able guidance Dr. Kishore Kumar Ubrangala, API D.K. Chapter president, 2010-11 and Dr. Sajid C. H., API secretary EMAIL directory was intiated and the practise of sending emails to members was started for the first time in their tenure. All speakers in API sessions were given certificates with speakers photo attached as a token of appreciation.
First ever PG Clinical Teaching Program of 2 Days : (Post Graduate Medical Update – 2010) : Sponsored by Yenepoya University with all the other Medical colleges of DK - as co-sponsors& supported by many other medical institutions, with participation of faculty from Vellore, Calicut, Mumbai, Bangalore & Mangalore, and PG participation from DK and North Kerala. The event was held at IMA hall.The programme was conducted without pharma support.
Dr. Ashith Hegde Intensivist Hinduja Mumbai
Dr. Asokan Nambiar Ex - HOD Cardiology Calicut_Medical College
Dr. George Varghese, Prof. Infectious Diseases KMC Manipal
Dr. Jayaprakash Alva, Dr. EVS Maben, Dr. Kishore Kumar Ubranagala, Dr. Sajid Among Audience
Neurology Case Discussion : Dr. Vasantha Kamath Dr. P. C. Prakash, Dr. I. G. Bhat, Dr. E. V. S. Maben
Dr. Sudha Vidyasagar, Dr. P K Sasidharan, Dr. Dilip Mathai & Dr. Prabha Adhikari
Bye- laws of the association were proposed for the first time and were approved by the members of API, D.K. Chapter in 2012 and these bye-laws were accepted by the executive committee on 21st December 2012.
Hosted KAPICON 2013 and Dr. K. P. Ganesan Memorial Pre Conference CME Jointly with Dept. of Medicine, KMC, Mangalore from 25th – 28th April 2013. The souvenir Eclairer KAPICON 2013 was edited by Dr. Christopher C. Pais.
2) Association of Physicians of India, D. K. Chapter was registered with registrar of Societies in Karnataka under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act 1960. On 20th May 2013.
1) Medicine Update 2014 was organized by Dr. Damodhar Shenoy API President & Dr. Archith Boloor API Secretary on 8th February 2014 at the Medical Education Hall, KMC Mangalore
2) Amendments were made to rules and regulations of API D. K. Chapter with implementation of life membership with fees.
3) Introduction of Dr. K. P. Ganesan and Dr. V. V. Mody Memorial Oration fund in 2014.
4) Physician Day 2014 was celebrated for the first time for the under the guidance of Dr. Narasimha Hegde & Dr. Roshan M and the senior Physicians of Dakshina Kannada were felicitated. Dr. A V Shetty, Dr. K R Shetty, Dr. B H K Rao, Dr. T N Shetty, Dr. A Prabhakar Rao were felicitated on Physician Day. Dr. N R Rao was the chief guest and Rev. Father Richard Aloysius Coelho presided.
1) One Day CME – Medicine Update was conducted on 1st February 2015 under the guidance of Dr. Narasimha Hegde & Dr. Roshan.
2) Basic ECG learning course in 1 day was organized by Dr. H. Prabhakar president APIDK chapter on July 26th.
3) ICDC - 2015 (International Cardio Diabetic Conference – 2015) was held on 19th and 20th September 2015 at Decennial Hall, Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore under the guidance of Dr. H. Prabakar, President API DK Chapter & Dr. Sunil Kumar Secretary API DK Chapter. Padmashree C. M. Manjunath was the chief guest. Rev. Fr. Patrick Rodrigues, Director, FMCI and MP Nalin Kumar Kateel were the dignitaries on the stage. Various National & International faculty participated in this conference.
Mangaluru : FMMC Holds International Cardio Diabetic Conference.
AVANCER the souvenir magazine for the conference was edited by Dr. Christopher C. Pais
4) One day CME - Case discussion in neurology for medicine postgraduates was organized by Dr. Prabhakar / API President and Dr. Sunil Kumar on December 2015 at AJ Hospital Mangalore.
5) Previous API Presidents and Secretary were felicitated and also senior physicians were felicitated.
1) Cardio - Vascular Summit was organized in July 2016 under the guidance of Dr. Raghav Sharma & Dr. Sudhindra Rao M.
2) On SUNDAY, 18th December 2016, three senior physicians we felicitated at the A V Conference Hall IMA House.
International Conference on Malaria in Global Health was organized on 17th – 18th March at KSHEMA / NITTE UNIVERSITY with academic partner API - DK Chapter and in collaboration with National Institute of Health and Penn STATE University USA. Dr. S. Shantharam Shetty, Pro Chancellor Nitte, University, Dr. Satheesh Kumar Bhandary, Dean KSHEMA, Dr. Raghav Sharma – President API DK Chapter, Dr. Sudhindra M - Organizing Secretary and Dr. Tanmey Bhat were present.
1) API DIAS (Dissemination of updated information through API Speakers) was organized under the guidance of Dr. Mukthar Ahmed API President and Dr. Guruprasad Bhat API Secretary in August 2017 for an enhancing the knowledge of physicians in different therapeutic areas of medicine.
2) Diabetes and endocrine association of Mangalore in association with API DK Chapter and Mangalore obstretics and gynecology society conducted world diabetes day meet 2017 on 6th December under the guidance of Dr. Mukthar Ahmed President API DK Chapter Dr. Guruprasad Bhat API Secretary. The year theme was women and diabetes.
Report on ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICIANS INDIA, DK CHAPTER - WEBSITE LAUNCH on 19/06/2020
The website www.apidk.org was launched on 19.06.2020 at Father Muller Medical College Hospital by Dr. B H Krishnamoorthy Rao, founder President of API, DK Chapter at 3 PM. Dr. B H Krishnamoorthy Rao spoke on the initial days in 1991 when the association was established with only 40 members and now it has grown to 160 members. Rev. Fr. Ajith Menezes, Administrator, FMMC was the guest of honour. He spoke on use of technology in the present COVID Era and importance of virtual meet. Dr. H. Prabhakar, Interventional Cardiologist, Father Muller Medical College, former President of API DK Chapter spoke on the importance of website for API DK Chapter to foster communication among its members. Guest speaker Mr. Gerard Colaco spoke on effective personal investments in Covid Era. The function was presided by Dr. Venkatesha BM, President, API DK Chapter. Vote of thanks was given by Dr. Mohammed Ashraf, Treasurer. Introductory note and insight intothe website was given by Dr. Archana Bhat, Secretary, API, DK Chapter. The programme was live telecasted on Youtube, was viewed by more than 150 participants.